Monday, January 13, 2014

new year - new you.

I know that's so cliche, and I say it every year. But I have good intentions.
The usual boring goals include getting fit and cutting back on the soda.
I'm giving it a twist this year, so I'm hoping to see change in this year.
I'm not one for change, typically it would scare me to even think about change.

This year I want to focus on me and try to better myself.
I want to help others, and give back as much as possible.
I want to volunteer somewhere & do something from the heart. Something that would make a difference.
I want to volunteer at the humane society and help the animals feel more loved, because that is what they deserve.
I want to help others whenever I get the chance because the world needs more of that. ( you don't need a reason to be nice to others. )
I want to get a pedicure more often because I deserve that little bit of down time it gives me.
I want to focus on my health, because you only live once. and I want to make the most of it.
I want to eat healthier and give my body the nutrients it needs because the body is an amazing thing.
I want to learn about new things, because knowledge is power.
I want to be adventurous and try new things (example: new foods & ziplining) because I owe it to myself.
I want to be more positive & put out positive energy in the world, because there is too much negativity.
I want to travel & see the world, because there is so much to see.
I want to cut my hair short, just for a change, because it will grow back.
I want to be more outgoing, because life is too short to be shy.
I want to become more active and exercise more, because I want to prove to myself I am capable of doing much more than I thought I could.
I want to strive to be the absolute best I can be, because why try for anything less?

2014 is going to be a great year. I can feel it in my bones.
I am confident that this is my year to shine.

with that being said, I have officially decided on my word of the year.
And that is balance.
Honestly, that is the best word for me this year. I need to focus on balancing my life & my financials.
I need to balance out my time between school, work, family, and all of the other things that life entails.
I need to balance my budget because I'm done spending money on things that I don't absolutely need.
my definition of balance:
-a state in which different things occur in equal or proper amount of importance.

so there it is.

-b

No comments:

Post a Comment